Every boy and ghoul needs to make sure they have fully functioning toothbrush wands this Halloween season. The key to health oral care starts with what you put in your mouth, including your cleaning supplies. Here are a few suggestions to help you care for your toothbrush:
– Look for toothbrushes that have the ADA Seal of Acceptance. Also look for ADA-approved fluoride toothpaste.
– Visit your dentist every six months for an oral exam and professional cleaning.
– Use a toothbrush that easily fits into your mouth.
– Be gentle and don’t press hard. A softer, gentler approach works best.
– Don’t share toothbrushes.
– Avoid cross-contamination from toothbrushes touching each other.
– Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months. Youth toothbrushes typically need to be replaced more often than adult toothbrushes.
– Stiff bristles can hurt gums, softer brushes are better.
– Make sure the size and shape of your brush can reach all areas in your mouth effectively.
– Keep your toothbrush aired out; do not consistently store them in closed containers.
– Electric toothbrushes make brushing easier.
– Store your toothbrush upright.
– Keep your toothbrush clean when not in use.
For more great tips, or to book an appointment, please call Treasured Smiles Children’s Dentistry, Duane C. Clouse, PC at 520-316-6111 to talk to a member of our team. You can also stop by our office in Maricopa, Arizona, and we will do our best to raise your spirits this Halloween season.