If your child is in need of oral health care, it is important that they visit their pediatric dentist. Pediatric dentistry is a specific branch of dentistry designed specifically for the care of younger individuals. Because children often require slightly different methods for keeping your teeth and gums clean, different treatments and restoration processes will be required. They can also correct oral health risks that are commonly found in children. Listed below are some facts regarding pediatric dentistry:
– Pediatric Dentistry is a field of dentistry that often requires additional training beyond regular dental school, which can often take several years.
– Several treatments that are often used for adults, including the use of X-rays or dental sealants, can be adapted and applied for the use of children.
– Pediatric dentists are trained to improve a child’s oral health and help treat issues associated with thumb sucking, teething and baby bottle tooth decay.
– Pediatric dentists have several methods and techniques that they can teach you to ensure that your child’s smile can thrive and survive for the rest of their life.
– Pediatric dentists can provide techniques for behavioral guidance methods to improve a child’s smile.
If you would like to consult with a pediatric dentist in Maricopa, Arizona, you are welcome to contact Dr. Duane C. Clouse and our team about pediatric dentistry. To schedule an appointment at our office of Treasured Smiles Children’s Dentistry, Duane C. Clouse, PC, call 520-316-6111.